Established in 1969 as a trading company, Chandan Steel is now one of the leading stainless steel producers and exporters in India.
The professional team at Chandan Steel continues to march ahead with the help of its stringent quality control policy and continuous expansion plans since 1985.
Chandan Steel Ltd is an ISO 9001:2008, PED, and AD 2000-W0 certified company. Its products are used in a wide range of highly demanding industries and sectors in India and around the world.
The plant is spread over a vast area of 150,000 sq. meters at Umbergaon, a town in South Gujarat. It's just a 2 ½ hour drive from Mumbai International Airport.
Efficiently equipped with,
- 8 MW captive power plant
- 11-tonne induction furnace
- 15-tonne AOD vessel with microprocessor based gas mixing station
- Ladle refining facilities
- 6/11 meter radius double strand continuous caster with EMS
- 4 Hot Rolling Mills
- Close Die Hammers - 1.5 tons & 5 tons
- 2 Open Die Hammers of 6 tons each
- Fully automatic CNCs and SPMs for faster and reliable production
- Conical piercer
- 5 High Speed Pilger mills
- U-bending machines and coilers
- CNC machines and tool rooms to support continuous production
- In house ultra modern chemical, mechanical and physical testing facilities
- 4 Wind Mills
The Melt Shop is capable of producing various stainless steel grades offering Austenitic, Ferritic, Martensitic, Duplex and Super Duplex range of products.
The Long Products division annually produces 30,000 tonnes of stainless steel Cast Billets, Hot Rolled RCS, Bright Bars (Round, Hexagonal and Square), Hot Rolled Angles, Unequal Leg Angles, Channels, Flat Bars, Re-inforcing Bars & Wires.
The Forging Division annually produces 6,000 tonnes forged flanges and stub ends.
The Seamless Pipes and Tubes division is equipped to produce 6,000 tonnes of stainless steel Seamless Hollow Bars, Pipes, Heat Exchangers, Instrumentations and Condenser tubes.
The sectors its products are mainly used our Fertilizers/Agriculture, Automotive, Bio-Technology, Chemical, Defense, Food & Beverages, LNG, Machine Building, Mining, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Pulp & Paper, Ship Building/Marine and Waste Incineration.
The Grades offered are EN 1.4301/1.4307, 1.4305, 1.4404, 1.4541, 1.4571, 1.4362, 1.4462, 1.4539 and in AISI 304/304L, 303, 316/316L, 321, 316Ti, Duplex 2205, Super Duplex 2507, Super Austenitic 904L and many more.